Homing Sensor wiring:
Please wire the homing sensors/switches as shown below:
INFORMATION: All inputs can be easily inverted by selecting the input in the INPUTS list and pressing the space-bar key on the keyboard to invert the input signal
Mount homing sensors/switches on all axis of your machine as shown in below image. Its preferred the sensors/switches are mounted on the 0.00 location of the axis but can be mounted at any location.
After wiring the sensor/switches the system must be configured for proper operation as described below:
- Goto the “F1-Setup” screen and move to the inputs list using the TAB key
- From the list select any free inputs from Input 1 to Input 32 and assign them as X, Y and Z home sensors
- You can also see the status of the sensors change from L to H when a signal is received on that input from homing sensor/switch
Setting up the homing sequence:
- Open the Homing window under Function Settings list
- Now in the homing sequence tick the appropriate boxes for the axis as you would like to home.
- In the below example we set the homing sequence for a milling machine / router. As you would first need to move the tool away from the job by moving the Z axis up, set Seq 1 by only selecting Z axis, this way MASSO only homes Z axis first.
- Next in Seq 2 select X and Y axis as now we can start homing the X and Y axis together.
As the homing sensors/switches can be mounted on either side of the axis, the position of the homing sensor/switch needs to be entered. If the sensor/switch is mounted on the 0.00 location as per the above axample then enter Home Position as 0.00. If the sensor/switch is mounted on the other side, for example the axis travel is 400mm and the sensor/switch is mounted at 400mm location then set Home Position as 400.00