Release date: 21st June 2018
IMPORTANT: As this release is one of the major releases from v3.25, a lot of options have changed and new functionality added, so please READ ALL of the below instructions carefully and check your settings.
Support for USB mouse & USB hubs
Easily zero to a work location by clicking on X, Y or Z zero button on the screen
- Open files in folders
- Delete files and folders with mouse right click
- Jog buttons now show limit in red colour
- Added option to disable hard limits
- More easy interface with buttons on screen for easy interface
- Support for linear tool changers for Mill/Router
- Option to limit maximum feedrate of all axis via general settings
- Option to set A and B axis as angular axis
- Spindle control with spindle spin UP and DOWN delay option
- Updated USB drivers with supports wide range of keyboards and USB pen drives
- Added spindle alarm input option
- MDI window with quick on screen buttons
- Faster gcode loading
- Improved gcode conversational wizards
- Tools table now supports 100 tools
- MPG smoother motion
Things to do before updating:
- Take screenshots of all setup screens in F1-Setup screen so that all calibration settings data is available. Make sure to take screenshots of the complete INPUTS and OUTPUTS list also.
- This software version has a maximum pulse rate of 40 kHz per axis due to an issue with USB drivers, this will be resolved at a later stage. If your axis pulse rate is higher than 40 kHz then the axis maximum feedrate will automatically be reduced
- The new interface will require a mouse to be able to use the controller
- Disconnect PlayStation controller or any extension cable on the PlayStation connector on MASSO as update will fail if connected
- PlayStation controller will not work with the release so please do not connect it to the unit as it will cause issues on power up
How to update the MASSO controller:
- Power off MASSO
- Copy the serial number.htg file and Data1.htg files that were emailed to the USB pen drive and do not copy these files to a folder
- Check that the above file names are not renamed by your browser when saving to the USB pen drive
- Unplug all USB devices from MASSO and only plug in the USB pen drive with the above two files to the USB pen drive connector of MASSO
- Power up the MASSO and wait for the yellow progress bar to go all the way to 100%
- Power off the controller and leave the USB pen drive plugged in, after about 5 seconds power up the unit
- Initially you will see a black screen for a few seconds while the update finishes
- Finally you will see the MASSO main screen and now you can connect USB hubs, keyboard and mouse to the system
- If you require you can delete the update files from the USB pen drive as they are not required anymore
Things to check after updating:
- After updating FIRST CHECK all settings in the F1-Setup screen and make sure all the settings are correct.
- Check Homing settings.
- Check Spindle settings.
- Check General settings, make sure “Limit maximum feedrate” is disabled if not being used.
- Check Lubrication settings.
- Check Tool Changer settings and also check the settings inside the tool changer settings.
- Check all axis settings.
- Check Auto Tool Zero settings and if not required then please disable it.
- Check all inputs and outputs, check that the right input shows the right function.
- Check that all inputs and outputs have the invert set as required.
- Check your tool calibration and work offset data.
- Finally before doing any cutting with the machine please do a few dry runs to make sure everything is working fine.
- You might see a “Backup battery fail detected” alarm, please DO NOT remove the battery on the controller and simply power cycle the controller and the message will automatically go away.