Release date: 6th December 2018
IMPORTANT: Download MASSO Link v1.3 as it will be required to work with this version.
- Cut resume for Plasma version (in beta stage for testing) the last cut can now be automatically resumed by pressing CTRL+J in the F2 screen. MASSO will remember the last gcode line number and can now resume to this line number. MASSO will calculate the last cut starting position and will start cutting from this last position.
- Added option to save and load tools calibration data to MASSO_Tools.htg from the F1-Setup screen when saving or loading controller settings.
- Added inputs to the INPUTS list in F1-Setup screen, now axis JOG can be assigned to MASSO inputs to move X, Y & Z axis, also includes input for RAPID mode.
- Mill Linear tool changer now has the option that if the sensor inputs are not available or not required then they can be ignored.
- Mill Linear tool changer now shows the exact reason of the tool changer alarm.
- IMPORTANT: Tool data being erased issue fixed, now MASSO will support 32 tools as the memory used for other functions was causing issues.
- Now only one axis at a time can be moved while JOG/RAPID.
- Fixed rounding issue with smaller arc being not processed.
- Changed Lathe four station turret locking time from 400ms to 1000ms.
- Lathe conversational wizards now outputs gcode in 4 decimal points for more accuracy especially in INCH mode.
- IMPORTANT: Fixes to Lathe threading conversation wizard infeed angle.
- IMPORTANT: Bug fix for v3.38 which was causing the arc in Lathe mode to not work properly.
- WiFi bug fix in MASSO Link software where some gcode files had extra data in the end of the file when transmitted to MASSO. Download MASSO Link v1.3 from here https://masso.com.au/docs/masso-cnc-controller-documentation/wifi-connectivity/masso-link-software/
- Bug fix where the system was not showing what caused the alarm.
How to update the MASSO controller:
- Power off MASSO
- Copy the serial number.htg file and Data1.htg files that were emailed to the USB pen drive and do not copy these files to a folder
- Check that the above file names are not renamed by your browser when saving to the USB pen drive
- Unplug all USB devices from MASSO and only plug in the USB pen drive with the above two files to the USB pen drive connector of MASSO
- Power up the MASSO and wait for the yellow progress bar to go all the way to 100%
- Power off the controller and leave the USB pen drive plugged in, after about 5 seconds power up the unit
- Initially you will see a black screen for a few seconds while the update finishes
- Finally you will see the MASSO main screen and now you can connect USB hubs, keyboard and mouse to the system
- If you require you can delete the update files from the USB pen drive as they are not required anymore
Things to check after updating:
- After updating FIRST CHECK all settings in the F1-Setup screen and make sure all the settings are correct.
- Check Homing settings.
- Check Spindle settings.
- Check General settings, make sure “Limit maximum feedrate” is disabled if not being used.
- Check Lubrication settings.
- Check Tool Changer settings and also check the settings inside the tool changer settings.
- Check all axis settings.
- Check Auto Tool Zero settings and if not required then please disable it.
- Check all inputs and outputs, check that the right input shows the right function.
- Check that all inputs and outputs have the invert set as required.
- Check your tool calibration and work offset data.
- Finally before doing any cutting with the machine please do a few dry runs to make sure everything is working fine.
- You might see a “Backup battery fail detected” alarm, please DO NOT remove the battery on the controller and simply power cycle the controller and the message will automatically go away.