Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumForums: Questions & AnswersA axis
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

A axis

Got the A axis wired to the driver and Masso. It will only turn in one direction. A- and A+ produce the same rotational direction.

Thank You

Roie

After checking the wiring and restarting a few times it only goes in one direction. Depending on how it is wired either the A+ or A- not both. Do not have A axis in the homing sequence.

Uploaded files:
  • Print-Screen-001.bmp
  • Print-Screen-002.bmp

Changed out the stepper motor and driver the same thing. The DRO counts up and down.

Thank You

Roie

@rroie

Edit  ----   Ignore this post and check out the next one.

We know your X axis works OK, so swap the motor connection with the A  axis at the drivers.

Then operate X+ & X- to see if the problem is the MASSO or the motor wiring.

Regards,

Arie.

@rroie

The reason for only one direction rotation is in the A axis settings you have minimum travel set to zero, try -360. This will allow the axis to rotate both CW & CCW from the zero position.

I spotted it in this topic Setting Up Masso with Sherline Mill the last post by trevorb58, he included an image of his A axis settings.

Regards,

Arie.

Yes, I caught that negative value thing when I was swapping around wires to see if motor would turn the other way. Did not help. I swapped the X and A axis wires at the drivers and A turns in both directions. Not the X axis only one direction.

Thank You

Roie

When you first turn on Masso, only one A axis button works. After you use the Y- button both A axis buttons work but turn it in the same direction. Disconnected the Y and B axis and the same thing happens. Y- will make the A axis turn. Did not notice before because I had the A axis turning so slow. Speed it up and now you can see it.

Thank You

Roie

Quote from rroie on August 13, 2019, 12:10 pm

Yes, I caught that negative value thing when I was swapping around wires to see if motor would turn the other way. Did not help. I swapped the X and A axis wires at the drivers and A turns in both directions. Not the X axis only one direction.

Quote from rroie on August 13, 2019, 1:22 pm

When you first turn on Masso, only one A axis button works. After you use the Y- button both A axis buttons work but turn it in the same direction. Disconnected the Y and B axis and the same thing happens. Y- will make the A axis turn. Did not notice before because I had the A axis turning so slow. Speed it up and now you can see it.

This is pointing to the MASSO as being the problem. From point on you need to get @masso-support involved.

Sorry I can't help anymore.

Regards,

Arie.

@rroie whats your serial number, software version running on MASSO and a short description about your machine setup such as some pics and info about axis setup so that we know about your machine.

so you not slaving any axis?

SN: 5A-3310   5 axis v 3.41.8a

B axis slaved to Y axis. Wired parrallel so I did not have to install another limit switch. DM542T drivers for each motor. 24 volt power supply just for Masso. Two 36 volt power supplies for the drivers. Two DM542T for each power supply. Wired the A axis driver to the Y axis power supply since it will not be used in rotary operations. Could give it it's own power supply but did not think necessary. Using proximity switches for limit and homing.

Thank You

Roie

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_4137.jpg
  • IMG_4138.jpg
  • IMG_4139.jpg
  • IMG_4140.jpg
  • IMG_4141.jpg