Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumForums: Questions & AnswersA axis
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

A axis

something is very wrong, either the A or B axis outputs had a short-circuit or bad wiring during installation or something but the A and B axis outputs don't seem ok, as both the A and B axis outputs come from the same driver IC, some damage to A or B axis would result in issues on both Axis.

It is straightened out

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_4152.jpg
Quote from rroie on August 12, 2019, 6:17 pm

Got the A axis wired to the driver and Masso. It will only turn in one direction. A- and A+ produce the same rotational direction.

@rroie

Should've asked for photo of your wiring right at the start but I assumed that having got your other axis working correctly that you had wired the A axis the same way.

As the pictures on the driver and MASSO show the Step & Dir signals are +ve so you needed to connect +ve to +ve otherwise the LED in the optoisolator won't light.

I think in future I'll ask for a photo of the wiring connections whenever someone asks for help on an new installation.

Glad you finally got it working.

Regards,

Arie.

That was embarrassing. I was swapping the wires around as he had suggested I had wired it wrong and I was trying it just in case he was right. I did not switch it back before I took the picture. It is not fixed we will see what they are going to do.

Thank You

Roie

hello @rroie so what's the status now, is your A-axis issue resolved?

Quote from rroie on August 21, 2019, 10:13 pm

That was embarrassing.

It is not fixed we will see what they are going to do.

@rroie

So let's get the facts straight, all these tests are just a case of moving the connector plug from the X & A drivers, no disconnecting any wires. To test the B axis just move the A & B connector plugs at MASSO. You need to set the MASSO A & B axis parameters same.

• If you move the X axis driver connection plug to the A axis driver, the A axis rotates correctly using +X / -X buttons. (This tests the A axis driver and wiring to the stepper as we know the MASSO X axis controls its driver and stepper correctly)
  • If you connect the A axis connection to the X axis driver, the X axis moves only in one direction when using +A / -A buttons. (This tests the MASSO A axis output, as we know the X axis driver works correctly) (We also know the A axis wiring has been corrected)
  • Do both +A and -A buttons cause movement.
  • The same again for the B axis connection.
  • When using the A or B axis connection on the X axis, is the movement in the same direction for either axis. (ie + button moves X axis to the right, - button moves to the left)

What we are trying to do, is establish a clear picture of what has been damaged in the MASSO.

@masso-support suspects that a driver IC has been damaged.

Regards,

Arie.

Quote from Breezy on August 21, 2019, 5:32 am

@masso-support

I have been following your attempts to sort @rroie's problems out, but I noticed in the photos Roie posted of his connections he had the Dir wires reversed to the Step wires, would that not cause the lack of Dir signal response?

Regards,

Arie.

yes definitely but in this case the motor does not turn at all in one direction, only the numbers move on the screen.

No the A axis issue is not resolved. There is something wrong with the Masso. A and B connections on the Masso only  turn the rotary in one direction. No matter how you swap the wires around. I am waiting on Masso for solution. I got this  e- mail from Masso support: "hello @rroie so what's the status now, is your A-axis issue resolved?"

I do not know how support could think the issue is resolved.

Thank You

Roie

Quote from rroie on August 22, 2019, 1:46 pm

I do not know how support could think the issue is resolved.

@rroie

I think it was your post #62. I took that to mean that it was just a wiring error that was causing your problem.

My previous post was to get you to answer each question as asked, so that everyone understands what is happening to your machine.

As MASSO Support said in an earlier post the A & B axis outputs are TTL which is different to the XYZ outputs. If the incorrect wiring is applied to TTL output they can easily be damaged.

Regards,

Arie.

So let's get the facts straight, all these tests are just a case of moving the connector plug from the X & A drivers, no disconnecting any wires. To test the B axis just move the A & B connector plugs at MASSO. You need to set the MASSO A & B axis parameters same.

They are the same

• If you move the X axis driver connection plug to the A axis driver, the A axis rotates correctly using +X / -X buttons. (This tests the A axis driver and wiring to the stepper as we know the MASSO X axis controls its driver and stepper correctly)
  •        Yes it does
  • If you connect the A axis connection to the X axis driver, the X axis moves only in one direction when using +A / -A buttons. (This tests the MASSO A axis output, as we know the X axis driver works correctly) (We also know the A axis wiring has been corrected)
  •         A axis wiring is corrected and X axis only move in one direction
  • Do both +A and -A buttons cause movement
  •         No
  • The same again for the B axis connection
  •           No
  • When using the A or B axis connection on the X axis, is the movement in the same direction for either axis. (ie + button moves X axis to the right, - button moves to the left)
  •           Yes only one direction
Uploaded files:
  • Print-Screen-002.bmp
  • Print-Screen-003.bmp