Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumForums: Feature RequestsDXF support
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

DXF support

Just tossing this out there. Dont even know if it would be possible with the available hardware but a boy can dream. After looking at the Proma controller it made me wonder if there was a way the masso could import DXF files directly. Would not need anything fancy like nesting just a simple single part with A few options for direction and offset. I do a lot of one off parts and it sure would be handy to be able to load the customers DXF stright into the masso.

Quote from JTknives on March 10, 2019, 9:18 am

Just tossing this out there. Dont even know if it would be possible with the available hardware but a boy can dream. After looking at the Proma controller it made me wonder if there was a way the masso could import DXF files directly. Would not need anything fancy like nesting just a simple single part with A few options for direction and offset. I do a lot of one off parts and it sure would be handy to be able to load the customers DXF stright into the masso.

You would still need to CAM the DXF before you could cut anything out. Masson is a CNC controller but not really cam software. Vcarve pro etc is whatthe you want. Takes all of 5 minutes to set up any DXF ready to be cut.