Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Homing -- No pull off

The machine goes to the homing position and properly sets the homing sensors but does not pull off.

What am I missing?

Thanks

What pull off distance have you set in the Homing screen?

Is MASSO displaying Ready in the top "Indicator lights"?

Are you using Auto Tool zeroing?

All these things can affect Homing.

Regards,

Arie.

What pull off distance have you set in the Homing screen?  0.2 inches

Is MASSO displaying Ready in the top "Indicator lights"? All homing sensors indicate "red"

Are you using Auto Tool zeroing? Don't know what this is.

All these things can affect Homing.

Regards,

Arie.

Can you supply a screen print of F3 screen when homing is completed.

Regards,

Arie.

See attached photo

Uploaded files:

Hi @flytyree  might I suggest taking all of the pull off settings away and see if you can get it to home without any alarms. Then you can gradually work on the pull off settings once you can get it to home.

Guy

Thank you Sir.  I will try that first thing in the morning.  It is a little late here; 9:55 PM.  I appreciate you contact.

What is your homing speed? Try slowing it down.

What is happening is that the Z axis is over shooting the limit switch and when it pulls off, the limit switch is still operated, hence the alarm.

I sometimes have an hard limit alarm on the X or Y axis and just pulling the relevant axis (they are belt driven) off the switch and rerunning the homing fixes it.

Quote from evermech on August 16, 2019, 3:46 am

Hi @flytyree  might I suggest taking all of the pull off settings away and see if you can get it to home without any alarms. Then you can gradually work on the pull off settings once you can get it to home.

Guy,

I disagree here, you need some pull off to allow for the hysteresis in the limit switch, sometimes set pull off to a large value and then work to reducing it. But I agree that homing is a combination of speed and pull off.

Regards,

Arie.

Hi @breezy

is it possible to pull off in the wrong direction or is it always opposite of direction of homeing? Yah I usually blame feed rate and distance to prox first.

Guy

It won't pull off if you have your coordinates wrong. I had that problem at one stage.