Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Touch Screen Interface

I have K120TC-DUV2 and it works without problems.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20190428_123849.jpg
  • IMG_20190428_123902.jpg

@simonrafferty sadly this is the main problem, no manufacturer is providing detailed info about USB protocol and the only thing that the screen comes with is that they have windows or linux drivers but that's not enough information to get the screens working with MASSO.

Quote from SimonRafferty on April 28, 2019, 9:52 am

Well, the problem is that I'd bought a touchscreen before the list was available - and discovered it didn't work.

Then, when the list was available - I bought one of these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12-inch-open-touch-monitor-12-inches-1024x768-steel-touch-display-12-inches-steel-open-industrial/32413151434.html

Which with shipping and import duty has come to almost £300 - and it doesn't work either!

Do I spend another £329 on one of these: https://www.beetronics.co.uk/15-inch-touchscreen?  The other two listed don't seem to be easily available from here.

Having already bought two monitors that don't work, including one from the list, what guarantee do I have that the next will be any better?

Answer: None - so, back to my original point - just keep buying monitors until I find one that does!

The list has been out for a long time, either buy the monitor from the list or don't. No one is forcing you to spend money here. This topic has been drilled into the ground 100 times now.

Use a mouse or the screens in the list or move on. I'm sorry to be blunt but it's really getting old with people NOT reading threads or jumping the gun and buying things they shouldn't. I should know- I bought a screen that didn't work also. you still need a keyboard either way so it's not an all in one solution either way.

Somebody needs to walk into a big box store full of touch screen monitors with their Masso unit & power supply and do some research for us..

Quote from SegoMan DeSigns on April 29, 2019, 4:08 am

Somebody needs to walk into a big box store full of touch screen monitors with their Masso unit & power supply and do some research for us..

The issue is that Masso is a standalone one off OS, no windows, linux or android base code so unless they write drivers for the 30+ years of HID driver iterations it will never fully support each brands versions.
I will, when I have time, and have some programmers look at an emulator which if possible will have a linux or android back end and convert all such newer HID to work with Masso as an ad on.. This is purely in idea form currently

Quote from SiByte on April 28, 2019, 10:36 am

Thanks - I wonder if there's more than one version / model year?

@TayloredTech - nothing useful to add, typical 'keyboard warrior' - not worth the effort to argue.

Quote from SimonRafferty on April 29, 2019, 6:30 am
Quote from SiByte on April 28, 2019, 10:36 am

Thanks - I wonder if there's more than one version / model year?

@TayloredTech - nothing useful to add, typical 'keyboard warrior' - not worth the effort to argue.

Keyboard warrior who spends a SIGNIFICANT amount time on this forum helping people.
This thread is 17 pages long because your issues have been already discussed in detail.
You jumped into the comments with attitude and nothing but a whiny attitude.
Read your own post, then read it again, does it sound inviting for members to help you or not?
This forum and it's members aren't here to benefit one person who does not want to take initiative in resolving their issue.

Next time you want free help from people,

Start a post "My monitor X which is supposed to work, isn't working, please help"
Instead of jumping in with an attitude.

That would be awesome.

i still haven’t tried my monitor yet. So I can’t report on it as there have been other machine problems to deal with.

But if I can help with you interface project let me know.

TayloredTech - thank's for the helpful reply.

I have actually followed this thread, and contributed to https://masso.com.au/forums/topic/support-for-touch-screen-monitors/

I've written a number of touch interfaces for different devices.  After an extended conversation with support, their advice was to buy one of the monitors suggested in their list - which, for me, didn't work.

In a different conversation, it appears the available memory in the Masso box is all but exhausted - so there is unlikely to be more general support for touch screens in this hardware version.

I do now have a solution which works on my monitor.  I'm using two Arduino Due's as a USB 'translator'.  It needs two as each cannot talk to more than one USB device.  One acts as a USB host, then sends the read data via serial to the second which is set up as a 'Mouse'.

It reads the absolute X & Y coordinates from the Touch Screen, then sends a stream of incremental 'pulses' to move the mouse pointer from the last position to the new one.  The main issue with this is not knowing the first position on power-up.  My solution is just to touch the mouse pointer location first.  It then sets that as the current position & moves incrementally from there.

The main issue is the speed at which the Masso will accept mouse movements.  While it's not slow, it does take a noticable time to move from one side of the screen to the other.  It's usable though.

If I have time, I'll try to extend it to work with more monitors and add on screen calibration for the size of screen (resolution of the touch).  The GIT Repository is private at the moment, but I'll make it open when it's less specific.

Quote from SimonRafferty on July 24, 2019, 1:31 pm

TayloredTech - thank's for the helpful reply.

I have actually followed this thread, and contributed to https://masso.com.au/forums/topic/support-for-touch-screen-monitors/

I've written a number of touch interfaces for different devices.  After an extended conversation with support, their advice was to buy one of the monitors suggested in their list - which, for me, didn't work.

In a different conversation, it appears the available memory in the Masso box is all but exhausted - so there is unlikely to be more general support for touch screens in this hardware version.

I do now have a solution which works on my monitor.  I'm using two Arduino Due's as a USB 'translator'.  It needs two as each cannot talk to more than one USB device.  One acts as a USB host, then sends the read data via serial to the second which is set up as a 'Mouse'.

It reads the absolute X & Y coordinates from the Touch Screen, then sends a stream of incremental 'pulses' to move the mouse pointer from the last position to the new one.  The main issue with this is not knowing the first position on power-up.  My solution is just to touch the mouse pointer location first.  It then sets that as the current position & moves incrementally from there.

The main issue is the speed at which the Masso will accept mouse movements.  While it's not slow, it does take a noticable time to move from one side of the screen to the other.  It's usable though.

If I have time, I'll try to extend it to work with more monitors and add on screen calibration for the size of screen (resolution of the touch).  The GIT Repository is private at the moment, but I'll make it open when it's less specific.

Nice work with the coding,

Is there a way to write it into a raspberry pi to only need one device?