Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Touch Screen Interface

Quote from ppersaud on August 3, 2018, 11:58 pm

Hi,

I have installed v3.35 onto my Masso board as per the upgrade instructions, but I cannot get my Asus VT207 touchscreen monitor's touchscreen functionality to work. I have tired all USB ports directly off the Masso card. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Philippe

As all the manufacturers dont have a set protocol for touch, screens differ in protocol and we might have to add some logic depending on the type of protocol.

When you tap the screen do you see the screen change?

We will be adding some documentation soon so that the screen USB protocol information can be collected on the USB pen drive and then emailed to us so that we can add the logic to the MASSO.

Quote from legacymachine on August 4, 2018, 6:32 pm

No luck here with the Asus VT168 touchscreen either.

As all the manufacturers dont have a set protocol for touch, screens differ in protocol and we might have to add some logic depending on the type of protocol.

We will be adding some documentation soon so that the screen USB protocol information can be collected on the USB pen drive and then emailed to us so that we can add the logic to the MASSO.

Quote from Lumpy2080 on August 4, 2018, 7:48 pm

Didn't see a update specific topic so posting here. I ran this update with only the keyboard connected directly to the masso.

The update completed and I re-connected the usb hub and the mouse.

I can JOG the machine around just fine but as soon as I try to run a file (loads just fine) the system locks up.It does the same when I open a command window (forget the name).

I can enter G0 or G91 etc....but as soon as I try to tell the machine to move in one of the axis it locks up. I am including a save from my machine with this post.

yes we have some feedback on the same issue, we are working to find it and will be releasing an update this week.

Quote from testyourdesign on August 5, 2018, 3:16 pm

The new touch screen interface the places the soft limit reached warning on the button we press.  My fingers cover up the entire button making it hard to see the warning.  Could you place it in the normal message warning location instead Machine Ready?

so you mean rather than the button going red it should show in the alarm button?

As a feedback on what screens are working, can you please let us know the make and model of the screen you are using?

Quote from MASSO - Support on August 6, 2018, 1:51 am
Quote from ppersaud on August 3, 2018, 11:58 pm

Hi,

I have installed v3.35 onto my Masso board as per the upgrade instructions, but I cannot get my Asus VT207 touchscreen monitor's touchscreen functionality to work. I have tired all USB ports directly off the Masso card. Any suggestions? Thanks,

Philippe

Hi,

The screen does not respond at all to any touch; no flicker, no screen change. I tried both USB ports with the same results. I also tried removing my USB keyboard with only the touchscreen USB plugged in with the same result. Thanks,

Philippe

Thanks @ppersaud and we will setup some instructions on how to gather the USB protocol info of the screen and then get the screens working with MASSO.

Quote from Lumpy2080 on August 4, 2018, 7:48 pm

Didn't see a update specific topic so posting here. I ran this update with only the keyboard connected directly to the masso.

The update completed and I re-connected the usb hub and the mouse.

I can JOG the machine around just fine but as soon as I try to run a file (loads just fine) the system locks up.It does the same when I open a command window (forget the name).

I can enter G0 or G91 etc....but as soon as I try to tell the machine to move in one of the axis it locks up. I am including a save from my machine with this post.

have you also emailed on support? not sure if it was your message as we might have replied to your email.

Quote from gmarsh1 on August 4, 2018, 5:04 pm

Once the software upgrade is purchased and paid for via PayPal .. how long does it take to receive the fully capable version?

the upgrades are generally emailed in 24 hours (business days) but it also depends on other support queries.

i have a touch screen No luck here with the  Planar PCT2235 touchscreen either.

Pics attached for info

Uploaded files:
  • pct2235-info.jpg

now with this monitor after loading any NC File, machine locks up.

estop doesnt even work.

also after booting up, usb thumb drive doesnt read at all ! says no drive installed.

had to reboot with the thumb drive in the usb hub and then it reads it

ive unhooked the usb from monitor ,but nothing changed.

it hangs after the simulation screen gets done .

(update)

found it had nothing to do with the new touchscreen monitor,its just this one file

created in Fusion 360,using masso post processor (also did it with a Fanuc processor also)

ive attached the file if anyone could look at it and see why it hangs up the Masso controller?

thanks for any help everybody

Uploaded files: