Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Vectric Postprocessor

Quote from MASSO Support on February 4, 2019, 8:58 am

I have recently created 2 new post processors for use with Vectric software specific to the Masso. It removes unused commands from the original Mach3 PP and provides a nicer format especially with tool changes where it will tell you what tool to use and puts it above the tool change command. Ideal for those of us who manually change our tools.

I have attached them below for anyone who wants to give them a try. Just drop them into your post processor folder in your Vectric software and they will show up as  "Masso_ ATC_ Arcs_inch" and  "Masso_ ATC_ Arcs_mm" next time you restart your Vectric software. You only really need to install the one that matches your machines setup eg metric or imperial.

If you find any issue with them please let me know and I will get it fixed.

Cheers

Peter

Not sure why but Vcarve pro 6.0 doesn't like to dwell on your post 🙁 won't open it

Uploaded files:
  • vc6.PNG

Thanks TayloredTech.

The Post processor is based on the current Vectric aspire version 9.5, Mach3 Post Processor so maybe there has been a change to since Version 6.

I loaded up V6.0 and V6.5 VCarve Pro and found that it doesn't use Dwell. I removed it and then found that there is also Helical moves added which V6 doesn't like.

I checked V8.5 Vcarve Pro and found that it uses Dwell but not Helical moves.

The good news is simply removing the unwanted lines will allow it to work. The bad news is that this would mean multiple versions of the Post Processor which is annoying. I thought they all used the same but live and learn.

I will need to check the Vcarve Pro Version 9.5 Mach3 PP and see if it uses the same as aspire or something else.

Cheers

Peter

I investigated further and see that the output formats of VCarvePro and Aspire evolved by adding more output moves in their post processors. Vcarve and Aspire use the same Post Processor for version 9.5

I went through them and deleted what had been added in later versions and have created a post processor for versions 6.5, 8.5 & 9.5 If someone is running V7.0 or 7.5 please let me know. I need a sample PP to compare and make the new Masso V7.5

Below are various versions so pick the one you are using and give it a try. Let me know how it works.

Cheers

Peter

Updated Post Processor Files are now located at the link below.

https://masso.com.au/forums/topic/vectric-postprocessor/?part=3#postid-5158

Quote from MASSO Support on February 5, 2019, 10:19 am

I investigated further and see that the output formats of VCarvePro and Aspire evolved by adding more output moves in their post processors. Vcarve and Aspire use the same Post Processor for version 9.5

I went through them and deleted what had been added in later versions and have created a post processor for versions 6.5, 8.5 & 9.5 If someone is running V7.0 or 7.5 please let me know. I need a sample PP to compare and make the new Masso V7.5

Below are various versions so pick the one you are using and give it a try. Let me know how it works.

Cheers

Peter

You're a champion! Thanks mate!!

I will use Vcarve for my basic 2D stuff and Fusion360 for just about everything else but this will be good fun to edit and test out the post script. Got myself Notepad++ so I'll see how I can break it this weekend haha.

Lehg.

Mitch

I have modified 2 additional post Processors for Vectric Sofware. This time for Cut 3D and PhotoVCarve for those people who use them.

If you try them and find any issues please let me know.

Cheers

Peter

Updated Post Processor Files are now located at the link below.

https://masso.com.au/forums/topic/vectric-postprocessor/?part=3#postid-5158

Found an issue with the Post processor. Not sure if you saw my other thread so thought I would put it here

Tool changes don't work without a manual M5 command as it is missing in the post.

Mitch

Thank you Mitch for letting me know about the issue. It has now been confirmed that an M05 to stop the spindle needs to be executed before a Tool Change command and the Post Processors have now been updated.

Please select the post Processor that applies to your version of VCarve or Aspire

If anyone is using Version 7 please contact me by leaving a message below and I will create a version for that as well.

If you find issue with one of these please let me know and I will take a look.

Cheers

Peter

Uploaded files:
Quote from MASSO Support on March 26, 2019, 8:09 am

Thank you Mitch for letting me know about the issue. It has now been confirmed that an M05 to stop the spindle needs to be executed before a Tool Change command and the Post Processors have now been updated.

Please select the post Processor that applies to your version of VCarve or Aspire

If anyone is using Version 7 please contact me by leaving a message below and I will create a version for that as well.

If you find issue with one of these please let me know and I will take a look.

Cheers

Peter

So moving forward, other post processors without an M5 command will still cause this issue? or is this being updated in the Masso? Does the Fusion360 Post etc have an M5 command?
I edited the post pro on the weekend and had it working before the homing went out the door.

Thanks again Pete

@tayloredtech we are reviewing this to see what's the best way moving forward with the M5 question.

what happened with homing?