20.13.Spindle RPM Encoder
An incremental encoder is used to monitor spindle RPM and also for synchronised threading on lathes
|Pin 1||Signal A||Opto input (5 to 24v)|
|Pin 2||Signal B||Opto input (5 to 24v)|
|Pin 3||Signal Z – Index||Opto input (5 to 24v)|
- Recommended maximum encoder PPR is 100, PPR above this will reduce the maximum RPM range.
- All inputs can be easily inverted by selecting the input in the INPUTS list and pressing the space-bar key on the keyboard to invert the input signal.
Voltage output signal wiring example
Differential / Line Driver output signal wiring example
Upgrading the encoder inputs to take up frequency upto 20kHz
- By default MASSO can take upto 8kHz encoder signals, to upgrade the inputs so that the can take upto 20kHz please follow the below procedures.
- To check the maximum frequency as per your machine spindle RPM and encoder PPR, please use THIS CALCULATOR
- Ordering the SFH615A opto couplers: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/isocom-components-2004-ltd/SFH615A-2X/SFH615A-2X-ND/5037024
2 of 2 users found this section helpful