1.MASSO Software Update – v3.42
Release date: 2nd September 2019
WARNING: Some new features in this software means that the current settings on the F1-Setup screen might change depending on the setup and machine type. Please check all you settings in the F1 screen and make sure all inputs and outs assigned are correct as these might change to some other setting after loading this software update.
Backlash Comp Settings – If backlash compensation is not required then please make sure that each axis backlash settings is set to 0.00 in the F1-Setup screen.
Umbrella tool changer logic has been updated and this might require to check and change input/output settings in F1 screen. Further the umbrella tool changer logic now supports tool slot numbers, please setup your tools in F4 screen.
Linear tool changer or Umbrella tool changer for Mill 5 Axis version – To be able to fit the new probing logic in the software for 5 axis Mill version, we have disabled Umbrella tool changers for this version as not many people use this tool changer. If you require Umbrella tool changer then please email us on support your controller serial number so that we can provide you with the software that has umbrella enabled and linear tool changer logic disabled.
- Part Probing – Mill versions now support easy probing options to find sides, corners, holes. For more info CLICK HERE
- Mill version – Umbrella Tool changer logic updated with spindle indexing option. WARNING – Due to major logic changes settings in F1 screen for inputs, outputs and tool changer must be checked again. For more details please CLICK HERE
- Lathe Turret – Support for Pragati BTP-60 ~ 125 Turret added. For more info CLICK HERE
- Backlash Comp – New improved backlash compensation logic.
- Mill and Lathe tool changers now show more detailed error messages, making it easier to find problems.
- Umbrella Tool changer logic now supports slot numbers for tool holder.
- Print screen image with CTRL+P key – As some users reported that some keyboards do not have the print screen key, now you can use CTRL + P key.
- Lathe tool position issue – When switching the tools between front and back, sometimes the circular motion would not cut properly. This issues is now fixed.
- Password change lockout – Sometimes setting a blank password would lock the system, this issues has now been resolved.
How to update the MASSO controller:
- Power off MASSO
- Copy the serial number.htg file and Data1.htg files that were emailed to the USB pen drive and do not copy these files to a folder
- Check that the above file names are not renamed by your browser when saving to the USB pen drive
- Unplug all USB devices from MASSO and only plug in the USB pen drive with the above two files to the USB pen drive connector of MASSO
- Power up the MASSO and wait for the yellow progress bar to go all the way to 100%
- Power off the controller and leave the USB pen drive plugged in, after about 5 seconds power up the unit
- Initially you will see a black screen for a few seconds while the update finishes
- Finally you will see the MASSO main screen and now you can connect USB hubs, keyboard and mouse to the system
- If you require you can delete the update files from the USB pen drive as they are not required anymore
Things to check after updating:
- After updating FIRST CHECK all settings in the F1-Setup screen and make sure all the settings are correct.
- Check Homing settings.
- Check Spindle settings.
- Check General settings, make sure “Limit maximum feedrate” is disabled if not being used.
- Check Lubrication settings.
- Check Tool Changer settings and also check the settings inside the tool changer settings.
- Check all axis settings.
- Check Auto Tool Zero settings and if not required then please disable it.
- Check all inputs and outputs, check that the right input shows the right function.
- Check that all inputs and outputs have the invert set as required.
- Check your tool calibration and work offset data.
- Finally before doing any cutting with the machine please do a few dry runs to make sure everything is working fine.
- You might see a “Backup battery fail detected” alarm, please DO NOT remove the battery on the controller and simply power cycle the controller and the message will automatically go away.