Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: IntroductionsWireless MPG
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Wireless MPG

Has anyone tried or knows if you can use a wireless mpg

if its a wireless USB MPG then it won't work with MASSO.

If you want a wireless style pendant something like this should work. Note you will need to add a vreg to the receiver and maybe an estop if you want one on the pendant.

I have just ordered one to see how it goes. Will let you know when I receive it

https://www.amazon.com/UCONTRO-Electronic-Generator-MITSUBISHI-GP01/dp/B078WQQS96/ref=mp_s_a_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1546738487&sr=1-31&m=A2X7X1KTPNWF1K&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=51xl7WPeDKL&ref=plSrch

Well spotted, that looks very interesting and seems like it might work. As you said it will need a 5 volt regulator or a separate 5 volt supply with a common ground

A pity it doesn't have an EStop button but you might be able to add a button across the 5th axis switch or simply turn the knob to the 5th Axis position to activate EStop.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you. Maybe a wireless MPG will be possible.

Cheers

Peter

Quote from Ezzupturbo on January 6, 2019, 1:40 am

I have just ordered one to see how it goes. Will let you know when I receive it

Very interested in how this works. Please update with your results.

One of the biggest disappointments with the Masso is that it doesn't support common USB devices for add-ons. Not even USB 2.0 devices. Hopefully this wireless pendant will be an exception, even if it is a bit pricey with a lack of features.

Quote from MASSO Support on January 6, 2019, 5:23 am

A pity it doesn't have an EStop button

They do make a version that has the e-stop included. It cost $355.00, and e-stop is the only difference between the two. A little pricey for one more feature.

Uploaded files:
  • e-stop.png

Wireless mpg worked perfect no issues at all even added a estop. Just had to wire it all to the dB connector.

Might take a video later.

great work @ezzupturbo